Simon’s practice is focused on technology, M&A and capital markets and he co-heads the firm’s technology practice. Working in London and Israel, Simon represents leading Israeli and international technology companies, start-ups and investors, across the life sciences (including medical devices) and renewable energy sectors, advising them on their local and international transactions. The deals Simon has advised on include domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, venture capital financings, capital markets transactions (including IPOs in the UK), strategic R&D agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and joint ventures.
Clients & Deals
- Daimler AG on a number of investment transactions in Israel, including an investment in quick-charging battery company, StoreDot and in mobility analytics company, Anagog.
- MTI Wireless Edge Ltd. (“MTIWE”) in connection with a merger between it and its controlling shareholder MTI Computers & Software Services (1982) Ltd. (“MTIC”). MTIWE is listed on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange, while MTIC is listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Archers Daniels Midlands (ADM), a Chicago-based US agricultural processor, on its purchase of a controlling interest in Industries Centers EOD, an Israeli company which specialises in the import and distribution of agricultural feed products.
- MinInvasive Ltd on its Series C(2) investment from and strategic partnership with, MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Netafim in connection with two exclusive global distribution agreements, one with Dorot Control Valves and the other with Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
- Expanding Orthopedics and its shareholders in relation to an acquisition made by Corelink Holdings LLC (an affiliate of The Stephens Group) of all of the business and assets of Expanding Orthopedics.
- Anatomy Medical Technologies Fund I L.P. on several investments including in Sight Diagnostics Ltd and its investment in Cologuard Ltd.
Legal500 has recognised Simon’s expertise in the Hi-Tech and Start-ups field and in the Commercial, Corporate and M&A field.
Chambers and Partners describes Simon as “available, hands-on and good-natured”.
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Simon worked in the international corporate team of another leading Tel Aviv firm. Prior to moving to Israel Simon worked in the corporate departments in the London offices of Halliwells LLP and Dechert LLP.