Ron is a partner in the firm’s corporate, M&A, high-tech and venture capital practices. As a native German speaker with vast experience in relation to transactions of German entities in Israel, Ron also heads the firm’s German desk.
Ron’s practice encompasses all aspects of corporate law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity transactions and he has extensive experience in advising his clients on takeover strategies and in managing large cross-border transactions.
He regularly advises prominent international and domestic companies, investment funds, corporate ventures, and family offices on complex transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt investments, joint ventures, divestitures, spin-offs, fundraisings as well as on all corporate aspects of international real estate transactions.
Clients & Deals
Recent M&A and Private Equity deals Ron advised on include:
- Advising Generali on the sale of its controlling stake in Migdal Insurance to the Shlomo Eliahu Group for NIS 4.2 billion.
- Advising Fresenius Medical Care on its large scale acquisition of Teva Pharmaceutical’s entire Israeli dialysis business.
- Advising Private-equity investors on the joint acquisition of a controlling stake in Avgol Industries for USD 107 million.
- Advising GoTo Mobility on its acquisition of German shared electric scooter company Emmy.
- Advising Novolog on its acquisition of Gastromed.
- Advising Future Energy Ventures on the sale of its holdings in cybersecurity company Segasec to Mimecast.
- Advising Physik Instrumente (PI), on its acquisition of an 80% stake in ACS Motion Control.
- Advising BWT AG on its acquisition of Aquatron Robotic Technology from Fluidra Industry.
- Advising a consortium of funds and family offices on their acquisition of various SPVs holding real estate assets throughout Europe for more than EUR 350 million.
- Advising The Israeli Land Development Company on its acquisition of a mining company in Gabon.
- Advising an international operator of hospitals on the sale of its clinics, laboratories and production sites in Bulgaria and Romania by way of a management buyout.
- Advising European Energy Exchange on its acquisition of a minority stake in EMEX.
Recent Venture Capital deals Ron advised on include:
- Advising Deutsche Börse on its USD 19.5 million Series B equity investment in Wematch.live.
- Advising a leading conglomerate on its USD 100 million Series C equity investment in StreamElements.
- Advising Fresenius Medical Care Ventures, Alive HealthTech Fund and Leumi Partners on their USD 20 million Series C equity investment in Magenta Medical.
- Advising REWE Group on its Series C equity investment in Trigo Vision.
- Advising Future Energy Ventures in connection with their various investments in technology companies in Israel.
- Advising Daimler on its USD 15 million Series C equity investment in StoreDot.
- Advising ALTANA in connection with their various investments in technology companies in Israel.
Legal500 has recognised Ron’s expertise in the Commercial, Corporate and M&A as well as the High-Tech field, noting that Ron is:
“an outstanding M&A lawyer – very knowledgeable, exceptionally responsive and always finds inventive solutions to close difficult deals“
“a creative lawyer who is a pleasure to work with”
“always accessible and comes up with doable solutions within short time“
“a popular choice to assist with takeover strategies“.
Ron has been appointed as an ambassador of the German Israeli Network of Startups & Mittelstand (GINSUM).