Asaf’s corporate and M&A practice is focused on advising international and Israeli corporations, high-tech companies and start-ups on their M&A activity and other transactions such as financing, debt restructuring and strategic agreements.
Asaf regularly advises foreign corporations on their assets and operations in Israel in relation to a wide range of legal aspects.
Asaf’s energy and infrastructure practice is focused on project finance, Oil & Gas and public tenders. His expertise in oil and gas stems from his extensive experience working on transactions in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, giving him firsthand knowledge of the sector. He has advised on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters including joint ventures, asset disposals and acquisitions, corporate acquisitions, joint operating, farm in and concession agreements, production sharing contracts, drilling agreements, joint bidding agreements and financings.
Clients & Deals
Corporate and M&A
- Shandong Highspeed Group and Longxin Construction Group Ltd. on their operations and investments in Israel.
- Skytanking Holding Gmbh on its acquisition of a major controlling stake in Mercury Aviation Israel Ltd., an aviation fuel handling service provider holding concession rights at Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Innogy SE (the renewable energy subsidiary of German utility RWE) on its acquisition of Belectric, PV and storage specialist.
- Red Sea Group on the disposal of a group of foreign holding companies in the hotel industry.
- Kape Technologies on its international M&A activities.
- VC funds (Virgin Green, Gemini, Pitango, Carmel, Israel Cleantech, Tamir Fishman, Evergreen and Apax) on numerous venture capital financings in hi-tech and bio-technology companies.
Energy & Infrastructure
- A consortium of international banks on Israeli aspects of an up to US$1 billion project financing, in respect of the development of the Leviathan gas field.
- NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System on the Tel-Aviv light railway project.
- Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) on its Subsea Wells Response Project. OSRL is an industry-owned cooperative which exists to respond effectively to oil spills wherever in the world they may occur.
- Barclays Capital and HSBC on a $430 million facility made available to Delek and Dor Alon for the development of the Tamar natural gas field.
- An international oil company on the US$720m disposal of its interests in three producing oil and gas assets onshore North Africa. The transaction (structured as a corporate sale) was conducted via a private tender process.
- Modi’in Energy, an Israeli oil & gas exploration partnership, on a dispute in relation to an off-shore drilling contract and joint operations.
- RWE Dea AG on its sale of its interests in off shore exploration licenses in Europe.
Legal500 has recognised Asaf’s expertise in the Energy and the Infrastructure fields, noting that he “is a quality lawyer with outstanding skills in managing large projects and has a good deal of international experience.”
IFLR1000 has described Asaf as “very professional” and as a lawyer who provides “many insights that are essential to the success of the transactions”, he is advising.
Asaf has been recognised as Recommended Lawyer, in the Who’s Who Legal 2020 Projects Finance.
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Asaf worked in the projects group at the London offices of Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.