General Data Protection Regulation – Preparation Guide
The European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) will come into force in May 2018 and Israeli companies need to ensure that they comply with the new laws on data protection and privacy. Please click here or on the image below to read our bulletin which outlines the ten most critical steps that should be taken in preparation for the GDPR. Corporate and M&A practice […]
Chambers and Partners recognition for ERM partners
ERM is delighted that our partners have been recognised as leaders in their fields by the major international legal directory Chambers and Partners. Amnon Epstein (projects & energy and banking and finance), Nimrod Rosenblum (Corporate/M&A), Simon Marks (TMT: Corporate) and Lior Aharon (projects & energy) have all been recommended by the directory, demonstrating the breadth […]
Simon’s practice is focused on technology, M&A and capital markets and he co-heads the firm’s technology practice. Working in London and Israel, Simon represents leading Israeli and international technology companies, start-ups and investors, across the life sciences (including medical devices) and renewable energy sectors, advising them on their local and international transactions. The deals Simon has advised on include domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, venture capital financings, capital markets transactions (including IPOs in the UK), strategic R&D agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and joint ventures.
Clients & Deals
- Archers Daniels Midlands (ADM), a Chicago-based US agricultural processor, on its purchase of a controlling interest in Industries Centers EOD, an Israeli company which specialises in the import and distribution of agricultural feed products.
- RocketPlay on its sale by current shareholders to American Gaming Systems (AGS).
- MinInvasive Ltd on its Series C investment from and strategic partnership with, MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Netafim in connection with two exclusive global distribution agreements, one with Dorot Control Valves and the other with Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
- Wipro Digital, the digital business unit of India’s third largest IT services provider Wipro, in relation to its purchase of a Danish company, Designit Design IT.
- Anatomy Medical Technologies Fund I L.P. on several investments including in Sight Diagnostics Ltd and its investment in Cologuard Ltd.
Chambers and Partners Global describes Simon as “available, hands-on and good-natured”.
Legal500 notes that he “and the rest of the team are particularly experienced in advising international companies, such as Fresenius Medical Care and William Hill, on making investments in Israel.“
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Simon worked in the international corporate team of another leading Tel Aviv firm. Prior to moving to Israel Simon worked in the corporate departments in the London offices of Halliwells LLP and Dechert LLP.