ERM acted for the controlling shareholders of PPHE Hotel Group in the sale of part of their holdings in PPHE Hotel Group.
ERM acted for the controlling shareholders of PPHE Hotel Group in connection with the sale of part of their holdings in PPHE Hotel Group. The sale shares represent approximately 22% of the issued share capital of PPHE Hotel Group and were sold to institutional investors in Israel and the UK for an aggregate consideration of […]
General Data Protection Regulation – Preparation Guide
The European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) will come into force in May 2018 and Israeli companies need to ensure that they comply with the new laws on data protection and privacy. Please click here or on the image below to read our bulletin which outlines the ten most critical steps that should be taken in preparation for the GDPR. Corporate and M&A practice […]
Simon’s practice is focused on technology, M&A and capital markets and he co-heads the firm’s technology practice. Working in London and Israel, Simon represents leading Israeli and international technology companies, start-ups and investors, across the life sciences (including medical devices) and renewable energy sectors, advising them on their local and international transactions. The deals Simon has advised on include domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, venture capital financings, capital markets transactions (including IPOs in the UK), strategic R&D agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and joint ventures.
Clients & Deals
- Daimler AG on a number of investment transactions in Israel, including an investment in quick-charging battery company, StoreDot and in mobility analytics company, Anagog.
- MTI Wireless Edge Ltd. (“MTIWE”) in connection with a merger between it and its controlling shareholder MTI Computers & Software Services (1982) Ltd. (“MTIC”). MTIWE is listed on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange, while MTIC is listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Archers Daniels Midlands (ADM), a Chicago-based US agricultural processor, on its purchase of a controlling interest in Industries Centers EOD, an Israeli company which specialises in the import and distribution of agricultural feed products.
- MinInvasive Ltd on its Series C(2) investment from and strategic partnership with, MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- Netafim in connection with two exclusive global distribution agreements, one with Dorot Control Valves and the other with Amiad Water Systems Ltd.
- Expanding Orthopedics and its shareholders in relation to an acquisition made by Corelink Holdings LLC (an affiliate of The Stephens Group) of all of the business and assets of Expanding Orthopedics.
- Anatomy Medical Technologies Fund I L.P. on several investments including in Sight Diagnostics Ltd and its investment in Cologuard Ltd.
Chambers and Partners Global describes Simon as “available, hands-on and good-natured”.
Legal500 notes that he “and the rest of the team are particularly experienced in advising international companies, such as Fresenius Medical Care and William Hill, on making investments in Israel.“
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Simon worked in the international corporate team of another leading Tel Aviv firm. Prior to moving to Israel Simon worked in the corporate departments in the London offices of Halliwells LLP and Dechert LLP.