ERM advises innogy Innovation Hub, on the investment round in Israel-based ShieldIOT
ERM has advised innogy Innovation Hub, on the investment round in Israel-based ShieldIOT. innogy Innovation Hub, the venture capital and innovation acceleration division of German energy provider Innogy SE. Jeremy Seeff a partner in our Hi-Tech & Investment Funds team acted for innogy together with Roni Abelski our Head of German Desk and Adv. Lev Rich. For media coverage […]
ERM advises innogy on investment in HopOn
ERM has acted for innogy Innovation Hub (innogy) on their $1 million investment in award winning Israeli start-up HopOn, which provides automated ticket services for public transport, using high-frequency sound wave technology. Roni Abelski, partner in our high-tech and start-ups practice led the team with associate Guy Kofman and trainee Raz Bartov. High-Tech and Start-ups […]
Roni is a partner in the firm’s corporate, M&A, high-tech and venture capital practices. As a native German speaker with vast experience in relation to transactions of German entities in Israel, Roni also heads the firm’s German desk.
Roni’s practice encompasses all aspects of corporate law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity transactions and he has extensive experience in advising his clients on takeover strategies and in managing large cross-border transactions.
He regularly advises prominent international and domestic companies, investment funds, corporate ventures, and family offices on complex transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt investments, joint ventures, divestitures, spin-offs, fundraisings as well as on all corporate aspects of international real estate transactions.
Clients & Deals
- Generali on the sale of its controlling stake in Migdal Insurance to the Shlomo Eliahu Group for NIS 4.2 billion.
- Fresenius Medical Care (the world’s #1 manufacturer of dialysis machines and provider of dialysis services) on its large scale acquisition of Teva Pharmaceutical’s entire Israeli dialysis business.
- innogy Innovation Centre on the sale of its holdings in cybersecurity company Segasec to Mimecast.
- Private-equity investors on the joint acquisition of a controlling stake in Avgol Industries for USD 107 million.
- Physik Instrumente (PI), a global leader in motion control and nanopositioning systems, on their acquisition of an 80% stake in ACS Motion Control.
- BWT AG, a market leader in the development of water treatment technologies, on its acquisition of Aquatron Robotic Technology from Fluidra Industry.
- A consortium of funds and family offices on their acquisition of various SPVs holding real estate assets throughout Europe for more than EUR 350 million.
- The Israeli Land Development Company on their acquisition of a mining company in Gabon.
- Daimler on its strategic investment in StoreDot, a nanotechnology materials pioneer and one of the leading companies for electric charging and energy-storage materials.
- innogy Innovation Hub in connection with their various investments in technology companies in Israel.
- Fresenius Medical Care in connection with their various distribution, supply and maintenance services agreements.
Roni is consistently ranked by all leading international directories in his areas of expertise.
- Legal 500 describes Roni as a “creative lawyer who is a pleasure to work with” and that he and “the rest of the team are particularly experienced in advising international companies, such as Fresenius Medical Care and William Hill, on making investments in Israel.”