ERM advises innogy on investment in HopOn
ERM has acted for innogy Innovation Hub (innogy) on their $1 million investment in award winning Israeli start-up HopOn, which provides automated ticket services for public transport, using high-frequency sound wave technology. Roni Abelski, partner in our high-tech and start-ups practice led the team with associate Guy Kofman and trainee Raz Bartov. High-Tech and Start-ups […]
ERM partner Roni Abelski re-elected to German-Israel Chambers of Commerce Board
Head of ERM’s German Desk Roni Abelski has just been re-elected as a Member of German-Israeli Chamber of Industry and Commerce’s Board of Directors. Roni, who is also a partner in our corporate and M&A and high-tech and start-ups teams, was elected as a Member of the Board three years ago and was re-elected for […]
Roni is a partner in the firm’s corporate, M&A and high-tech and start-ups practices. As a native German speaker with vast experience in relation to transactions in various German-speaking countries, Roni heads the firm’s German desk. He has advised prominent international and domestic clients across a number of industries on complex international transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, spin-offs, equity and debt investments, fundraisings, real estate transactions outside of Israel and more. In addition, Roni has specific expertise advising the firm’s private clients on various private wealth matters.
Clients & Deals
- Generali on the sale of its controlling stake (69.1%) in Migdal Insurance to the Shlomo Eliahu Group for NIS 4.2 billion.
- Fresenius Medical Care (the world’s #1 manufacturer of dialysis machines and provider of dialysis services) on its large scale acquisition of Teva Pharmaceutical’s entire Israeli dialysis business.
- Private-equity investors on the joint acquisition of a controlling stake in Avgol Industries for USD 107 million.
- Physik Instrumente (PI), a global leader in motion control and nanopositioning systems, on their acquisition of an 80% stake in ACS Motion Control.
- A consortium of funds and private individuals on their acquisition of various real estate projects throughout Germany for more than EUR 250 million.
- The Israeli Land Development Company in connection with the acquisition of a mining company in Gabon.
- innogy Innovation Hub in connection with their various investments in technology companies.
- Fresenius Medical Care in connection with their various distribution, supply and maintenance services agreements.
- Legal 500 recommends Roni for commercial, corporate and M&A work as well as for high-tech, start-ups and venture capital work.
- Legal 500 describes Roni as a “creative lawyer who is a pleasure to work with” and that he and “the rest of the team are particularly experienced in advising international companies, such as Fresenius Medical Care and William Hill, on making investments in Israel.”