ERM advises Maverick Ventures Israel, on the US$ 22.5 million in Twine Solutions
ERM has represented Maverick Ventures Israel, on the closing of the US$ 22.5 million investment round in textile technology startup, Twine Solutions. The round was co-led by Maverick Ventures Israel and New Era Capital Partners. COATS Group, HP tech Ventures, and existing shareholders Landa Ventures and Gefen Capital also participated. Natalie Noy, partner in the […]
ERM advises Nir Weizman on the acquisition of the rights in an office building in central Tel Aviv
ERM has advised Nir Weizman in the acquisition of half of the rights in an office building in central Tel Aviv with the intention to convert the entire office building into a hotel. Erez Gurion, a partner in the real estate and urban renewal department, led the team with associate Roni Shema Rimon and trainee […]
Dr. Orit Dayagi Epstein is an Of Counsel in the areas of Antitrust, Competition, Regulation and Consumer Protection.
Orit has over 17 years of experience in the field of Antitrust, and has a deep knowledge of competition law in Israel and in the European Union, including with respect to M&A, aspects concerning monopolies, cartels and restrictive agreements. Orit advises international and Israeli clients on antitrust aspects in a wide variety of transactions including notifications procedures, obtaining the approval of competition authorities in Israel and abroad, and with respect to leniency programs.
Orit also advises on the application of the Law of the Promotion of Competition and Reduction of Concentration and the Law for the Promotion of Competition and the Food Sector. Orit has partcular experience advising governmental bodies and consumer organisations in Israel and abroad.
- the Prime Minister Office regarding the Governmental Guide for Regulatry Impact Assessment (RIA)
- the Ministry of Economy regarding the institutional design of regulatory assessment body
- Fair Trading Authority regarding regulatory enforcement tools in the area of consumer law
- the Israeli Consumer Council with respect to the competitive problems involved in retail banking fees
- Consumers International in a project funded by the European Commission in 14 Members States.
- Societe Generale
- Red Sea Hotels
Orit previously worked at the legal department of the Israeli Antitrust Authority (‘IAA’) where she presented in front of the Antirust Tribunal, the Supreme Court and the Economic Committee of the Knesset (the Israeli Parliament).
Between 2010 – 2013 Orit was a member of the Israeli Antitrust Tribunal. Orit was also a professional director of Tel-Aviv University Regulation Policy Centre and was a director at the Israeli Consumer Council.
- PhD in Competition Law from King’s College London (2009) under the supervision of Prof. Richard Whish
- LLM from Tel Aviv University (2002)
- LLB and BA in Business Administration from the Interdisciplinary Center Herzeliya (1999)
- Regularly lectures in her areas of expertise in various forums and has taught courses in competition law, regulation and consumer protection law at Tel Aviv University, The Hebrew University, the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzeliya and other academic institutions
- Teaches Comparative Aspects of Competition Law in the Interdisciplinary Centre Herzeliya
- Member of the Israeli Bar (2000)