ERM advises e-commerce start-up Shupperz on its financing round and commercial structuring
ERM has advised Shupperz, a peer-to-peer platform that connects global and local shoppers, on its raising of $4 million. The Shupperz platform enables a global community of shoppers to interact, upload content and shop for one another so that global shoppers pay local shoppers to shop for them. Launched only this summer, the Shupperz app […]
ERM hosts Chinese government delegation
ERM was delighted to host prominent members of the Ningbo Municipal Bureau of Justice, a government body of Ningbo, a city that has recently been ranked among the top five most competitive cities in China and has been described by the UN as the most promising city in China. The delegation was designed to facilitate […]
Asaf’s practice include energy and infrastructure, where he specialises in oil and gas, and corporate and M&A.
Asaf’s corporate and M&A practice is focused on advising international and Israeli corporations, high-tech companies and start-ups on their M&A activity and other transactions such as financing, debt restructuring and strategic agreements.
Asaf’s energy and infrastructure practice is focused on project finance, public and oil &gas tenders. His expertise in oil and gas stems from his extensive experience working on transactions in Europe, Africa and the Middle East, giving him firsthand knowledge of the sector. He has advised on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters including joint ventures, asset disposals and acquisitions, corporate acquisitions, joint operating, farm in and concession agreements, production sharing contracts, drilling agreements, joint bidding agreements and financings.
Clients & Deals
Energy & Infrastructure
- A consortium of international banks on Israeli aspects of an up to US$1 billion project financing, in respect of the development of the Leviathan gas field.
- NTA – Metropolitan Mass Transit System on the Tel-Aviv light railway project.
- Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) on its Subsea Wells Response Project. OSRL is an industry-owned cooperative which exists to respond effectively to oil spills wherever in the world they may occur.
- Barclays Capital and HSBC on a $430 million facility made available to Delek and Dor Alon for the development of the Tamar natural gas field.
- An international oil company on the US$720m disposal of its interests in three producing oil and gas assets onshore North Africa. The transaction (structured as a corporate sale) was conducted via a private tender process.
- Modi’in Energy, an Israeli oil & gas exploration partnership, on a dispute in relation to an off-shore drilling contract and joint operations.
- RWE Dea AG on its sale of its interests in off shore exploration licenses in Europe.
Corporate and M&A
- Skytanking Holding Gmbh on its acquisition of a major controlling stake in Mercury Aviation Israel Ltd., an aviation fuel handling service provider holding concession rights at Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Innogy SE (the renewable energy subsidiary of German utility RWE) on its acquisition of Belectric, PV and storage specialist.
- Red Sea Group on the disposal of a group of foreign holding companies in the hotel industry.
- Crossrider Plc on its international M&A activities.
- Globe Trade Centre S.A. group (GTC), a developer of commercial properties in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, on the restructuring of its Euro 130 million debt to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Unicredit Bank Austria AG and Raiffeisen Zentralbank.
- VC funds (Virgin Green, Gemini, Pitango, Carmel, Israel Cleantech, Tamir Fishman, Evergreen and Apax) on numerous venture capital financings in hi-tech and bio-technology companies.
- Shupperz Ltd. on their fund raising and structure.
Legal500 has recognised Asaf’s expertise in the field, noting that “The practice enhanced its oil and gas capabilities by hiring Asaf Rimon from Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP.”
IFLR has described Asaf as a “very professional and provided many insights that were essential to the success of the transactions he assisted us on.”
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Asaf worked in the projects group at the London offices of Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP and before that worked in the corporate finance group of another leading Tel Aviv firm.