Chambers and Partners recognition for ERM partners
ERM is delighted that our partners have been recognised as leaders in their fields by the major international legal directory Chambers and Partners. Amnon Epstein (projects & energy and banking and finance), Nimrod Rosenblum (Corporate/M&A), Simon Marks (TMT: Corporate) and Lior Aharon (projects & energy) have all been recommended by the directory, demonstrating the breadth […]
ERM advises Veridis and Tahal Group on BOT bid submission
ERM has advised Veridis and Tahal Group on the first BOT bid submission to build and operate a municipal solid waste treatment plant, which is due to increase the recycling and reuse of municipal solid waste as well as reduce the amount of solid waste sent to landfills, while creating energy. The tender is one […]
Lior is a partner in the firm’s energy and infrastructure and corporate and M&A practices. Lior specialises in projects, corporate and commercial transactions. He has extensive experience advising multinational and local clients in relation to complex projects in the energy sector in Israel and abroad, with specific expertise in renewable energy. In this context, Lior serves as the legal counsel of the Green Energy Companies Association of Israel. Lior also advises local companies on a wide range of corporate and financial matters.
Clients & Deals
- Tahal on the sale of its equity interests in a project company developing a 344MW hydroelectricity pumped-storage power plant in Kochav Hayarden.
- Focal Energy in India on the legal, corporate, project and finance aspects of the construction of four solar energy ground plants, with a total capacity of 64MW.
- Solaer in respect of the financing of a photovoltaic power plant with an aggregate capacity of 37.5MW and on the sale of its equity interests in the project.
- Andbank on its acquisition of a controlling interest in Sigma Investment House.
- Infimer Technologies and its shareholders on the company’s merger, by way of a share exchange, with EZ Energy, a Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange listed company.
- Supergas in respect of the financing a photovoltaic power plants with an aggregate capacity of approximately 40MW in Israel.
Lior’s work has been recognised by all the major international legal directories including Legal500 and Chambers and Partners Global where he is listed as a leading practitioner in Israel Projects & Energy.
Clients characterise Lior as a “very service-oriented” lawyer” and “business oriented“, “very thorough, responsible and fast-reacting, with good business law knowledge.”
Prior to joining Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM), Lior worked in the capital markets department of a major Israeli law firm, where he advised clients in relation to corporate law, securities work, public offerings and commercial law.